Are You Curious How Spending Time in Nature Impacts Your Cognition, Mood, And Eye Health? Do You Want To Upgrade Your Walking Experience From “blah” To “awe”? Then Join Diana And Debbie In This Experiential Walk Through The Psychology Of Nature!
As media and technology increasingly dominate our lives, we are spending less time in nature. This lifestyle change may be impacting not only our well being and physical health but also our cognitive abilities. Take a walk with co-hosts Diana Hill and Debbie Sorensen while listening to this episode investigating 6 benefits of nature on your wellbeing, how ecotherapy is integrated into Eastern medicine, and Diana’s top 10 strategies to get more nature today! Spend time in nature to gain improve your mental health.
Before you head out, take the Positive and Negative Affect Schedule to score your mood. Take it again when you return and learn how nature impacts you!
- Take the Positive and Negative Affect Schedule before and after you spend time in nature.
- Explore research studies documenting how nature reduces stress here and here.
- Explore research on the neuroscience of nature and on why you should request a window if you are in the hospital
- Explore research on cognitive benefits of immersing yourself in nature and how movement is easier when in nature
- The poem “What We Knew” by Carol Elkins as listed on ACBS resources