If you love to nerd out about books that offer wisdom on living well (and your friends are tired of hearing about it), then join our Psychologists Off the Clock Book Club!
Our group includes POTC team members and folks interested in joining us to dive into psychological themes in books, ranging from nonfiction to fiction, from self-help to memoir. It’s the perfect place to share your thoughts, ask questions and learn from the experiences of others.
Sometimes authors join us for our literary discussions! But even if it’s just our crew, we still have a blast, exploring ideas and debating the books that captivate us. We share a lot of laughs, too! Our goal is to encourage connection, curiosity, and meaningful conversations.
The POTC Book Club meets on the second Thursday of each month at 12 pm Eastern standard time in the US.
How do I join?
To join the POTC Book Club:
- Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject ‘Book Club’.
- Become an ongoing supporter of our Book Club, and contribute to the efforts required to keep the club running by going to our Patreon page.
We hope you join us for some book-loving fun!
What are the benefits of joining The POTC book club?
- Access to our monthly meetings.
- To vote on which books we discuss and submit questions in advance of meetings.
- The monthly POTC book club newsletter with tips from books we’ve featured.
- Occasional book discounts.
- The opportunity to meet some of the authors whose books we’ll discuss, and the chance to speak one-on-one with POTC team members during monthly book club meetings.
Here are our upcoming book selections:
- May 11, 2023: Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People by Mahzarin Banaji and Anthony Greenwald
- June 8, 2023: The Power of Meaning by Emily Esfahani Smith
- No meeting in July!