It is astounding how much information we are exposed to on a daily basis. But how can we transform information overload into opportunity? For this episode, we invited internationally recognized leading futurist, entrepreneur, and author Ross Dawson to the conversation to share valuable insights from his new book, “Thriving on Overload: The 5 Powers for Success in a World of Exponential Information” Ross gives his take on the challenges of information overload in today’s digital age and provides a detailed roadmap for navigating the noise and making better-informed decisions about the information you engage in by harnessing five essential powers – Purpose, Framing, Filtering, Attention, and Synthesis.
Listen and Learn:
- What is at risk if we don’t train our brains and gain the habits, approaches, and behaviors that serve us well in this age of information overload?
- The power of understanding your purpose
- How to get more clear on what your purpose might be when making choices around engaging with information
- The power of filtering to decipher which information is most useful to you
- The power of framing in connecting information into meaningful patterns that build knowledge and insight
- How to harness your attention to maximize productivity
- Tips for becoming a better ‘synthesizer’
- Using the five powers to go about mining and attending to information
- Reframing your perception from one of overload to abundance
- Find Ross at rossdawson.com or amplifyingcognition.com
- Thriving on Overload: The 5 Powers for Success in a World of Exponential Information
- Follow Ross on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn
About Ross Dawson
Ross Dawson is globally recognized as a leading futurist, entrepreneur, keynote speaker and strategy advisor. Ross is Founding Chairman of the Advanced Human Technologies group of companies and Bondi Innovation Alliance. He travels the world helping business and government leaders think about the future, having delivered keynotes and strategy workshops in over 30 countries across six continents. He is the bestselling author of five books, including Thriving on Overload: The 5 Powers for Success in a World of Exponential Information. Ross frequently appears in the media, including on CNN, Bloomberg TV, SkyNews, ABC TV, USA Today, the Today and Sunrise shows, and many other programs.
- 317. Growing Up in Public with Devorah Heitner
- 307. Navigating Social Media As a Parent with Cara Goodwin
- 294. Yes And: Improv in Psychology with Kelly Leonard
- 127. Indistractable with Nir Eyal
- 73. Essentialism with Greg McKeown
- 42. Strategies To Increase Focus And Work More Effectively with Debbie and Diana