Is curiosity one of your greatest superpowers when it comes to making meaningful connections, healing, and growing personally? This episode features Scott Shigeoka, an expert on curiosity and the author of Seek: How Curiosity Can Transform Your Life and Change the World. Join us as Scott draws from personal experiences and extensive research to teach us about the power of deep curiosity and how it goes beyond mere knowledge-seeking to revolutionize your well-being, relationships, and even the world around you.
Listen and Learn:
- The spectrum of curiosity
- Scott shares his encounters with deep curiosity and how it changed his experiences
- Can deep curiosity help cure the global loneliness epidemic?
- The three directions of curiosity – internal, external, and beyond
- The downside to curiosity
- What’s stopping you from getting curious?
- How to cultivate deep curiosity using the DIVE model
- What sets a weak question apart from a powerful question?
- Visit Scott’s website
- Connect with Scott on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Scott’s book Seek: How Curiosity Can Transform Your Life and Change the World
About Scott Shigeoka
Scott Shigeoka is an internationally recognized curiosity expert, speaker, and author. He is known for translating research into strategies that promote positive well-being and connected relationships around the globe, including at the UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center and through his groundbreaking courses at the University of Texas at Austin. Scott implements his curiosity practices in the public sector, Fortune 500 companies, Hollywood, media organizations, education institutions, and small businesses.
- 325. Unseen, Unheard, Undervalued with Janina Scarlet
- 302. Say the Right Thing with David Glasgow
- 294. Yes And: Improv in Psychology with Kelly Leonard
- 255. Influence is Your Superpower with Zoe Chance
- 251. Wonder with Frank Keil
- 247. Find Your Unicorn Space with Eve Rodsky