Finding moments of silence can be difficult in our chaotic, constantly-connected world. But, Justin Zorn and Leigh Marz, co-authors of ‘Golden: The Power of Silence in a World of Noise’, say it’s worth the effort.
Shedding light on the many dimensions of silence, Justin and Leigh explore how cutting through the clutter can lead to greater clarity, structure, and improved health in our lives. You’ll discover how to transcend the noise and uncover a more fulfilling life and edified mind in the process.
Listen and Learn:
- What compelled Justin and Leigh to write a book on silence?
- Silence: what is it and why does it matter?
- Silence vs. mindfulness
- The implications of auditory and informational noise in today’s modern world
- What causes us to fear silence and how can we overcome it?
- The role silence plays in achieving clarity, awareness, and a better sense of connection
- Shared silence magnifies its impact
- Practicing silence in the midst of chaos
- The importance of identifying noise and appreciating silence
- To learn more about Justin, visit: https://justinzorn.com/
- To learn more about Leigh, visit: https://leighmarz.com/
- Check out Justin’s and Leigh’s book, Golden: The Power of Silence in a World of Noise
- Grab your copy of all our favorite books at bookshop.org/shop/offtheclockpsych, including Yael’s new book, Work, Parent, Thrive!
- Check out Debbie, Yael, and Jill’s websites to access their offerings, sign up for their newsletters, buy their books, and more!
About Justin Zorn:
Justin Talbot Zorn has served as both a strategist and a meditation teacher in the US Congress. A Harvard-and-Oxford-trained specialist in the economics and psychology of human thriving, he has written for the Washington Post, The Atlantic, Harvard Business Review, Foreign Policy, and other publications. Justin is the co-author of Golden: The Power of Silence in a World of Noise, published by HarperCollins in the US, Penguin/Random House in the UK, and globally in 11 other languages. He is co-founder of Astrea Strategies, a consultancy that bridges contemplation and action, helping leaders and teams envision and communicate solutions to complex challenges. Justin lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with his wife and three children.
About Leigh Marz:
Leigh Marz is a collaboration and leadership coach for major universities, corporations, and federal agencies as well as a longtime student of pioneering researchers and practitioners of the ritualized use of psychedelic medicines in the West. She has led training programs to promote an experimental mindset among teams at NASA and a decade-long cross-sector collaboration to reduce toxic chemicals in products, in partnership with Green Science Policy Institute, Harvard University, IKEA, Google, and Kaiser Permanente. Leigh is the coauthor of Golden: The Power of Silence in a World of Noise, published by HarperCollins in the US, Penguin/Random House in the UK, and globally in 11 other languages. She is the co-founder of Astrea Strategies. Leigh lives in Berkeley, California, with her husband and daughter.
- 139. Neurodharma with Rick Hanson (Part 1)
- 140. Neurodharma with Rick Hanson (Part 2)
- 177. Mind-Body Practices for Stress and Overwhelm with Rebekkah LaDyne
- 201. Fierce Compassion with Kristin Neff
- 210. Strategies for Becoming Safely Embodied with Deirdre Fay
- 232. Grounded to Soar Into 2022 with Brad Stulberg
- 251. Wonder with Frank Keil