When it comes to money and love, the two are inextricably linked. Whether it’s choosing where to settle down, starting a family, or taking that new job opportunity, our financial situation and our relationships always come into play.
Thankfully, with the expert guidance of our guest Abby Davisson who co-authored the brilliant resource, “Money and Love: An Intelligent Roadmap for Life’s Biggest Decisions“ we can navigate these tricky waters with grace, ease, and confidence.
Using Abby’s 5Cs framework, she offers guidance on how to strike a harmonious balance between love and money. With research-based insights and real-life examples, we learn how to holistically make value-driven decisions that are both financially sound and emotionally fulfilling. So let’s dive in and discover the easy and practical steps to make strategic decisions that yield better results, without having to compromise your professional or personal life.
Listen and Learn:
- How money and love are so intimately intertwined and why this was the catalyst for the book Abby co-authored with Myra Strober
- The 5Cs framework for big making decisions that involve money and love
- What is mimetic desire and why you should be aware of this
- The importance of identifying your core values in helping you to align your decisions with those values
- Examples of when it is a good idea to get input on decisions you are making and when is it not
- How to fairly decide who does what in a relationship using the 5Cs as a guide
- Visit Abby’s website for more information
- Purchase Abby’s book, “Money and Love: An Intelligent Roadmap for Life’s Biggest Decisions“
- Follow Abby on Instagram or Twitter
About Abby Davisson
Abby Davisson is a social innovation leader and career development expert. Most recently, she spent nine years at global retailer Gap Inc., where she served as president of the Gap Foundation and co-founded the company’s employee resource group for parents. You can find more information on her book “Money and Love: An Intelligent Roadmap for Life’s Biggest Decisions” at https://www.moneylovebook.com. Press information is available at https://www.moneylovebook.com/press-kit.
- 142. FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) with Patrick McGinnis
- 176. Fair Play with Eve Rodsky
- 206. Fair Play Part 2 with Eve Rodsky
- 217. Redefining Rich with Shannon Hayes
- 238. Values During Times of Transition (with Us)
- 249. How to Be Single & Happy with Jenny Taitz
- 291. Finding Freedom from Regret with Robert Leah