Dr. Ilyse Dobrow DiMarco joins Yael for a conversation about how evidence-based psychology can help moms deal more effectively with stress. If you, too, have complicated feelings about being #grateful and/or wanting to sell your child to the highest bidder, join us for a conversation about managing the emotional challenges of parenthood.
Listen to discover:
- The normal range of maternal emotions
- How to recruit helpful support
- How to clarify your values as a parent
- Strategies for better self-care
About Dr. Ilyse Dobrow DiMarco
Ilyse is a clinical psychologist, Diplomate of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, and writer who specializes in treating stressed out moms using evidence-based approaches (when she isn’t busy being a stressed-out mom to her own two young boys). Ilyse’s writing has been featured in ScaryMommy, Motherwell, Motherly, PopSugar, and she hosts her own blog, drcbtmom.com. Ilyse is currently working on a book that explores mom stress and offers helpful guidance from the world of cognitive-behavioral therapy.
- Mom Brain: Proven Strategies to Fight the Anxiety, Guilt, and Overwhelming Emotions of Motherhood―and Relax into Your New Self
- Ilyse’s blog, Dr. CBT Mom
- Being a Toddler-Mom Can Cause Anxiety—But Here’s What You Can Do, by Ilyse Dobrow DiMarco
- Turns Out There Are Some Things We Can Control As Parents, by Ilyse Dobrow DiMarco
- Sometimes it Makes Sense Not to Give a F*ck, So I’m Learning to Chill Out, by Ilyse Dobrow DiMarco