Is wellness something you would like to bring into your life this year? Then our first POTC episode of 2024, featuring Sharon Salzberg, a pioneer of meditation and world-renowned teacher, is a gold mine! Going deep into Sharon’s many years of experience practicing and teaching mindfulness, we unpack principles from her work and latest book, Real Happiness: A 28-Day Program to Realize the Power of Meditation. One of the most empowering lessons from Sharon is that mindfulness is not just a practice but a trainable quality. She affirms many paths to building the quality of mindfulness, which goes way beyond the traditional formal practices. It’s so refreshing how she describes the practice and benefits of mindfulness in a realistic way and doesn’t promise a magical cure for eternal happiness. Having Sharon’s voice on the podcast is an honor; her message and outlook on life will undoubtedly bring you heaps of value.
Listen and Learn:
- What does it mean to live your life in a constricted way?
- How to get out of a constrictive place of living and live more expansively
- Can we experience more awe in our day-to-day lives?
- How can mindfulness be helpful if you feel trapped or are struggling?
- The realistic challenges of achieving a state of mindfulness
- Sharon’s ‘breath, not breath’ technique
- Tips for busy people who want to practice mindfulness more or are having trouble making it a regular habit
- How to sprinkle less formal mindfulness practices into your life
- The ways mindfulness can support the Buddhist concept of right action
- Transforming anger into courage
- Visit Sharon’s website
- Sharon’s books Real Happiness: A 28-Day Program to Realize the Power of Meditation, Finding Your Way: Meditations, Thoughts, and Wisdom for Living an Authentic Life and Real Life, The Journey from Isolation to Openness and Freedom.
- Sharon’s Just Sit article for O Magazine
- For more insight on mindfulness, listen in to Sharon’s podcast, The Metta Hour
- Follow Sharon on LinkedIn, YouTube, X and Instagram
- Check out Sharon’s posts on Check out Sharon’s posts on Medium
About Sharon Salzberg
Sharon Salzberg is a meditation pioneer, world-renowned teacher, and New York Times bestselling author. She is among the first to bring mindfulness and lovingkindness meditation to mainstream American culture nearly 50 years ago, inspiring generations of meditation teachers and wellness influencers. Sharon is co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, MA, and the author of thirteen books, including the New York Times bestseller Real Happiness, now in its second edition, and her seminal work, Lovingkindness. In 2023, Sharon is releasing two new books. The first, Real Life, is now available from Flatiron Books in hardcover, ebook, and audiobook formats. The second, Finding Your Way, is a small gift book now available from Workman Publishing in hardcover and ebook formats. Sharon’s podcast, The Metta Hour, has amassed six million downloads and features interviews with thought leaders from the mindfulness movement and beyond. www.sharonsalzberg.com
- 80. Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics with Jeff Warren
- 75. Mindful Self-Compassion with Christopher Germer
- 122. Taking in the Good with Rick Hanson
- 257. The Gift of Being Ordinary with Ron Siegel
- 174. How to Work and Parent Mindfully with Lori Mihalich-Levin
- 171. Compassionate Mind Training with Dennis Tirch and Laura Silberstein-Tirch
- 155. Mindfulness and Recovery with Rebecca Williams
- 139. Neurodharma with Rick Hanson (Part 1)
- 140. Neurodharma with Rick Hanson (Part 2)