Are you familiar with the term “gaslighting”? It’s been a popular topic for discussion in recent days, but how many of us actually understand its true meaning and, perhaps more importantly, how to identify it?
Join us for this thought-provoking interview with Psychoanalyst and co-founder of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, Dr. Robin Stern, who gives us a fresh and detailed perspective on the subject. Shedding light on decades of research and heaps of knowledge as the author of The Gaslight Effect and The Gaslight Effect Recovery Guide, Dr. Stern offers guidance on how to recognize the different stages of the gaslight effect, indicating who is most susceptible and offering strategies to escape from it.
Don’t tolerate emotional abuse in silence any longer; tune in to learn how to spot the signs of gaslighting while moving forward toward a brighter future filled with kindness and respect—which you deserve!
Listen and Learn:
- The fascinating origin of the term gaslighting
- Robin’s definition of gaslighting from her book
- Can gaslighting happen in both romantic and interpersonal relationships?
- Is gaslighting socially learned?
- The correlation between gaslighting and narcissism
- The three stages of gaslighting and how to identify them
- Are there certain traits that make someone more vulnerable to becoming a victim of gaslighting?
- How do you determine whether you should leave a relationship with a gaslighter?
- The type of person who would benefit from Robin’s workbook, The Gaslight Effect Recovery Guide
- Robin Stern’s website
- The Gaslight Effect Recovery Guide: Your Personal Journey Toward Healing from Emotional Abuse: A Gaslighting Book
- The Gaslight Effect: How to Spot and Survive the Hidden Manipulation Others Use to Control Your Life
- Follow Robin on Facebook (@drrobinstern), Twitter (@RobinSStern) and Instagram (@educatorhealer)
- The Gaslight Effect Podcast
- Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence (YCEI)
- Stop Caretaking the Borderline or Narcissist: How to End the Drama and Get on with Life
- Permission to Feel: The Power of Emotional Intelligence to Achieve Well-Being and Success
About Robin Stern
Dr. Robin Stern is the co-founder and senior advisor to the director of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence and has 30 years of experience as a licensed psychoanalyst. She is the author of The Gaslight Effect: How to Spot and Survive the Hidden Manipulation Others Use to Control Your Life and The Gaslight Effect Recovery Guide: Your Personal Journey Toward Healing from Emotional Abuse. She hosts the Gaslight Effect podcast.
- 98. Narcissism with Avigail Lev and Robyn Walser
- 186. Set Boundaries Find Peace with Nedra Tawwab
- 263. Relationships with Emotionally Immature People with Lindsay Gibson
- 292. Adult Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers with Stephanie Kriesberg
- 298. Drama Free with Nedra Tawwab