Do You Find Yourself Getting Distracted And Feeling Overwhelmed? Having Trouble Focusing On Important Tasks? Let’s Consider The Psychology Of Attention, And Try Some Research-Based Strategies To Help You Stay Focused!
Debbie has a problem. She’s having trouble staying focused enough to get important work done. And she’s not the only one! In today’s fast-paced world with hard-to-resist technology, interruptions are everywhere and the human mind is prone to distraction. In this episode, Debbie and Diana explore research on attention and focusing, and offer some helpful tips for anyone who wants to focus more!
- Focus: The Hidden Driver of Excellence by Daniel Goleman
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Sucess in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- Overwhelmed: Work, Love, and Play When No One Has the Time by Brigid Schulte
- Article: “A Wandering Mind Is An Unhappy Mind” by Killingsworth and Gilbert
- Pomodoro Technique by Francesco Cirillo
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Join the discussion