Ready to take your mindfulness practice to the next level? What if you could approach life by relaxing back and down into an already awake mind and heart? Join Diana for an inspiring and illuminating discussion with Loch Kelly, seasoned meditator and author of the bestselling book The Way of Effortless Mindfulness: A Revolutionary Guide for Living an Awakened Life about awake awareness, an advanced form of mindfulness that, through little efforts and shifts of awareness, imbues living from a more spacious, interconnected, and heart-centered space.
Listen and Learn:
- What is awake awareness?
- What does “effortless” have to do with it?
- How does awake awareness differ from deliberate awareness?
- Awake awareness vs empathy
- The value of “glimpses”
About Loch Kelly:
Loch Kelly, MDiv, LCSW, is a psychotherapist, meditation teacher, and expert in the field of meditation and psychotherapy. He has also authored the best-selling book The Way of Effortless Mindfulness: A Revolutionary Guide for Living an Awakened Life and founded the Open-Hearted Awareness Institute in New York City. Loch’s primary mission is to teach others how to access awakening and to live from open-hearted awareness. Loch contributes to research at the University of Pennsylvania, Yale, and New York University on how training in awareness improves compassion and wellbeing. He received his degrees from Columbia University and Union Theological Seminary.
- Open-Hearted Awareness Institute
- The Way of Effortless Mindfulness: A Revolutionary Guide for Living an Awakened Life, book by Loch Kelly
- Shift into Freedom: The Science and Practice of Open-hearted Awareness, book by Loch Kelly
- Effortless Mindfulness Now: Awakening Our Natural Capacity for Focus, Freedom, and Joy, audiobook by Loch Kelly
- Shift into Freedom: A Training in the Science and Practice of Open-hearted Awareness, audiobook by Loch Kelly
Thank you for joining us on this episode of Psychologists Off The Clock. We appreciate your feedback. Please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts. It helps us spread the word to more folks like you!
Subscribe for free where you listen to podcasts!