Your brain is “Velcro for negative experiences and Teflon for positive ones,” according to neuropsychologist Dr. Rick Hanson. What if you could re-wire your brain to be more grateful, loving, and resilient? In today’s episode, Dr. Hanson offers strategies to use self-directed neuroplasticity changing your brain for the good and developing resilience and wellbeing. Dr. Hanson is a senior fellow at the UC Berkeley Greater Good Science Center, a pioneer in the field of positive neuroplasticity, and teaches how taking in moments of good can sculpt your brain for the better.
Listen in to hear Diana and Rick Hanson embark on a heartfelt and deeply personal discussion about developing resilient wellbeing one day at a time. Dr. Hanson shares wisdom from his recent book Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength and Happiness. Start developing key inner strengths like grit, compassion, and gratitude today!
The brain is continually being changed…the only question is, ‘is it being changed for the better and who is doing the changing?’Rick Hanson
Listen and Learn:
- What is self-directed neuroplasticity
- How to shift our brain’s negativity bias toward inner qualities of wisdom, love, and endurance
- Strategies to face our middle of the night fears and what Diana does to soothe her threat system
- Tips on matching specific inner resources and threats
- How to grow psychological resources using the H.E.A.L. practice for developing resilience and wellbeing
Join Rick Hanson’s Foundations of Well-Being program
Save $40! Enter Promo Code OFFTHECLOCK40
- Become stronger, calmer, and happier with weekly practices and tools from Rick Hanson!
- This step-by-step journey will help you build the inner strengths you need to hand whatever life throws your way.
- Lifetime access, 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, and Mental health professionals can earn 20 CE credits.
About Dr. Hanson:
Rick Hanson, Ph.D., is a psychologist, senior fellow at the UC Berkeley Greater Good Science Center, and the founder of The Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom. Dr. Hanson is also a meditation teacher and New York Times best-selling author of several books including Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength and Happiness; Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom; and Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm and Confidence. Dr. Hanson has spent decades both researching and steeping himself in neuroscience, clinical psychology, and contemplative practices and is deeply committed to teaching people scientifically-validated methods to help them take charge of changing their brains for the better, from the inside out. Dr. Hanson received a B.A. from UCLA and his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the Wright Institute.
- Being Well Podcast with Dr. Rick Hanson and Forrest Hanson
- The Foundations of Wellbeing, Dr. Hanson’s yearlong online program in positive neuroplasticity. Enter OFFTHECLOCK40 to save $40!!!
- The Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom
- Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength and Happiness, by Rick Hanson Ph.D. with Forrest Hanson
- Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm and Confidence, by Rick Hanson PhD
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom, by Rick Hanson Ph.D. with Richard Mendius, MD
- Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time, by Rick Hanson PhD
- Mother Nurture: A Mother’s Guide to Health in Body, Mind, and Intimate Relationships, by Rick Hanson Ph.D., Jan Hanson, and Ricki Pollycove, MD
- The Neurodharma of Love: Rewire Your Brain for Healthy Relationships, an audio CD by Rick Hanson PhD
- Just One Thing, Dr. Hanson’s free online newsletter