Join host Debbie Sorensen and former co-host and guest Diana Hill as they discuss the power of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and introduce their new resource: The ACT Daily Card Deck. Through personal anecdotes and examples, they emphasize the importance of living in the present moment and taking committed action that aligns with personal values. They also touch on the concepts of self-doubt, impermanence, and the role of emotions in our lives.
With their creative exercises, like visiting their younger selves and the watering seeds exercise, they help listeners break down complex therapeutic concepts into everyday language that is easy to understand. Discover practical tools for leading a more fulfilling life that bridge the gap between theory and action. Listen now and learn how you too can benefit from ACT and become the master of your mind.
Listen and Learn:
- Diana and Debbie update us on what they’ve been up to and why they are joining forces for this special episode.
- The importance of making ACT more accessible in our daily lives.
- Debbie and Diana demonstrate the six processes of ACT through examples of skills from their new ACT Daily Card Deck – from choosing thoughts, controlling your emotions, and the power of impermanence, to taking committed, value-based action, compassion, perspective taking, and mastering the art of being present.
- Order your ACT Daily Card Deck: https://bookshop.org/a/30734/9781648481239
- Go to drdianahill.com or her channels on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube (@drdianahill) to learn more
- Visit Debbie’s website http://www.drdebbiesorensen.com/ for more information and resources
- Follow Debbie on Twitter or Instagram
About Diana and Debbie
Diana Hill, PhD is a clinical psychologist, international trainer and sought-out speaker on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and compassion. Host of the podcast Your Life in Process and co-author of ACT Daily Journal, Diana works with organizations and individuals to develop psychological flexibility so that they can take wise action toward fulfilling and impactful lives. Integrating her over 20 years of meditation experience with yoga and psychological training, Diana blogs for Psychology Today, and guest teaches at InsightLA, Blue Spirit Costa Rica, PESI, Praxis Continuing Education, Yoga Soup and Insight Timer Meditation. Diana practices what she preaches in her daily life as a mom of two boys and bee guardian.
Dr. Debbie Sorensen is a clinical psychologist with a private therapy practice in Denver. She specializes in providing individual Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for adults experiencing burnout, chronic stress, and anxiety. Debbie has a Ph.D. in Psychology from Harvard University, and a bachelor’s degree from the University of Colorado, Boulder. She is a co-author of the book ACT Daily Journal: Get Unstuck and Live Fully with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and a co-founder and co-host the popular psychology podcast Psychologists Off The Clock. She speaks and gives workshops nationally and internationally to mental health providers, schools, and organizations. She loves living in her home state of Colorado and enjoying the Rocky Mountains with her husband, two daughters, and dog.
- 77. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with Jill Stoddard
- 195. ACT Daily with Diana Hill and Debbie Sorensen
- 237. Farewell to Diana Hill: Appreciations, Regrets, and Hopes