Do you want to be a badass? Sometimes being a badass means asking for help, being vulnerable, and admitting you can’t do it all on your own. Join Jill as she talks with psychologist and ACT trainer, Rikke Kjelgaard about how to live a full and meaningful life through psychological flexibility. In this episode, Rikke and Jill get personal, sharing their own vulnerable stories and experiences in hopes of inspiring listeners to get out of their comfort zones and get brave.
Listen and Learn:
- What it means to live “full size” and be a badass
- How Rikke’s learning history led her to be a “superwoman” who never asked for help—and how she overcame this
- How childhood patterns “work” when they develop but cease to be helpful later in life
- The importance of discriminating in what contexts behaviors work or don’t work
- The importance of connection and community, especially when being psychologically flexible gets hard
- A values clarification exercise developed by one of Jill’s clients
- The importance of holding outcomes lightly
- How to play big even after you get cut down
About Rikke Kjelgaard
Rikke Kjelgaard is a licensed psychologist, peer-reviewed ACT trainer, an awarded fellow of the ACBS, author, speaker and chief rock’n’roller in her own business. Rikke is on a mission to help therapists thrive and to be brave and authentic helpers. Trained as a clinical psychologist, she has a 15 year background in the science of human behaviour and the practice of behaviour change. Rikke is a popular speaker at the Scandinavian as well as the international stage, and she is known to bring both passion and vulnerability to her talks. She transforms the lives of her audience by bringing evidence based strategies to her listeners in ways that are edible, manageable and impactful. Rikke is known to leave her audience in tears with compelling stories from her own life and to create extraordinary interactions between people.
Rikke’s essay in Passionately Striving in Why: An Anthology of Women Who Persevere Mightily to Live Their Purpose: https://www.rikkekjelgaard.com/passionately-striving-in-why/
Rikke’s website: www.rikkekjelgaard.com
Rikke’s ACT Practitioner’s Academy that opens on October 1st: