It’s hard to talk about intimacy and sex. Cultural norms around intimacy work their way into our minds when we’re young, causing us to have rigid (and often completely incorrect, unworkable, or dysfunctional) views about how we should express ourselves sexually. Zoë Kors, author of Radical Intimacy, is a sex and intimacy coach who is passionate about opening up this conversation to help people develop healthier sexuality and intimacy. On this episode of POTC, Yael and Zoë discuss the stigma and awkwardness we often feel around discussions about sex, Zoë’s Radical Intimacy model of sexual wellbeing, strategies for getting un-hooked from ideas about how you should be when it comes to sex and intimacy, and so much more. Join them for a conversation about sex and intimacy that can help you build towards greater fulfillment in your relationships!
Listen and Learn:
- Yael and Debbie’s thoughts on our first episode on sex (and the stigma that prevented us from doing it earlier!)
- Expert-advice on how to start conversations with your partner or ask for help from a therapist or intimacy coach about sex
- Zoë’s Radical Intimacy model of sexual wellbeing
- Practical advice for couples with mis-matched levels of comfort in different areas of intimacy
- Important differences between desire and arousal
- Zoë busts some common myths and misconceptions about intimacy
- Answers to age-old questions about the importance of sex and interest in a relationship
- Evidence-based advice on rekindling your spark
- Strategies for getting un-hooked from ideas about how you should be when it comes to sex and intimacy
- The role of power in intimacy
- How to support vulnerable partners in feeling safe during intimate moments
- Energetic intimacy – what it is and why it’s so important
- What it’s like for Zoë’s husband to live with a sex guru!
- Buy your copy of Zoë’s book, Radical Intimacy: Cultivate the Deeply Connected Relationships You Desire and Deserve!
- Read Zoë’s viral article, 6 Ways to Have Radically Intimate Sex.
- Listen to Zoë’s podcast, The Radical Intimacy Podcast!
- Learn more about Sensate Focus Therapy.
- Read Gary Chapman’s The 5 Love Languages.
- Esther Perel’s advice for turning a spark into a flame.
- Check out Debbie, Yael, and Jill’s websites to access their offerings, sign up for their newsletters, buy their books, and more!
About Zoë Kors:
Zoë Kors holds a BA in Art History from University of Pennsylvania. Her post graduate work includes certification as a Co-Active Coach with the prestigious Co-Active Training Institute in San Rafael, CA, as well as dozens of programs and courses in sexuality and spirituality. She is the resident sex and intimacy coach and contributor at sexual wellness app Coral. Zoë is the former Senior Editor and Creative Director of LA Yoga Magazine and is a contributor to Elephant Journal, MindBodyGreen, Avocado Green Mattress and Fabletics blogs. In addition to a thriving private practice, Zoë offers her services through Center for Relational Healing, which specializes in the treatment of sex addiction and betrayal trauma. As a member of the CRH team, Zoë works with clients to reintroduce healthy sexuality and intimacy after the trauma of betrayal. Make sure to read her book, Radical Intimacy: Cultivate the Deeply Connected Relationships You Desire and Deserve!
- Episode 32. Social Connection: Exploring Loneliness and Building Intimacy with Debbie and Diana
- Episode 61. Becoming Our Best Relationship Selves By Identifying Core Values And Schemas With Avigail Lev
- Episode 76. Gender and Sexual Minorities with Aisling Leonard-Curtin and Matthew Skinta
- Episode 92. Marriage in Midlife: The Rough Patch with Daphne de Marneffe
- Episode 179. How to Be An Adult in Relationships with Dave Richo
- Episode 184. Getting Past Affairs and Other Relationship Betrayals with Kristina Coop Gordon