Connecting with others is one of our most important needs as human beings. One important (but often overlooked) way we foster that connection is through creating and sharing with the world around us. However, we can often become stuck in a cycle of reaching for success or “keeping up with the Joneses” rather than reaching for creative outlets. A frequent flyer here at POTC, Eve Rodsky, author of Fair Play and Find Your Unicorn Space, joins us in this episode to discuss the importance of prioritizing creativity and creating a space and time where you can be creative! Eve calls this space your “Unicorn Space”, and on this episode of POTC, she and Jill discuss why busy people both deserve and need one in their lives. Join us in this episode to discover your Unicorn Space today!
Listen and Learn:
- How Jill and Yael are working towards creating their own Unicorn Space
- Eve’s defines what Unicorn Space is and what it is not
- The science behind why busy people (especially feminine people!) deserve and NEED a Unicorn Space
- The three rules of permission
- Practical examples of what others’ Unicorn Spaces look like in the real world
- Important differences between Unicorn-Space-activities and hobbies
- Eve’s game you can use to discover your Unicorn Space today!
- Common barriers to finding your Unicorn Space (and evidence-based, expert-approved ways of getting around them!)
- Read Eve’s books, Fair Play & Find Your Unicorn Space: Reclaim Your Creative Life in a Too-Busy World!
- Find your own Unicorn Space by visiting Eve’s Fair Play website or signing up for her newsletter!
- Check out Debbie, Yael, and Jill’s websites to access their offerings, sign up for their newsletters, buy their books, and more!
About Eve Rodksy:
Eve Rodsky, PhD, transformed a “blueberries breakdown” into a catalyst for social change when she applied her Harvard-trained background in organizational management to ask the simple yet profound question: What would happen if we treated our homes as our most important organizations? Her New York Times bestselling book and Reese’s Book Club Pick, Fair Play, a gamified life-management system that helps partners rebalance their domestic workload and reimagine their relationship, has elevated the cultural conversation about the value of unpaid labor and care. In her highly anticipated follow-up, Find Your Unicorn Space: Reclaim Your Creative Life in a Too-Busy World, Rodsky explores the cross-section between the science of creativity, productivity, and resilience. Described as the ‘antidote to physical, mental, and emotional burnout,’ Rodsky aims to inspire a new narrative around the equality of time and the individual right to personal time choice that influences sustainable and lasting change on a policy level. Rodsky’s work is backed by Hello Sunshine—Reese Witherspoon’s media company whose mission is to change the narrative for women through storytelling. Rodsky was born and raised by a single mom in New York City and now lives in Los Angeles with her husband Seth and their three children.
- Episode 176. Fair Play with Eve Rodsky
- Episode 206. Fair Play Part 2 with Eve Rodsky
- Episode 198. Break the Good Girl Myth with Majo Molfino
- Episode 245. Family Firm with Emily Oster