In 2021, 55% of front-line healthcare workers and 79% of all adult workers reported experiencing work-related stress and burnout. In fact, some have deemed burnout a new epidemic!
Tammie Chang, M.D., author of Boundaries for Women Physicians: Love Your Life and Career in Medicine and How to Thrive as a Woman Physician, is a board-certified physician in pediatric hematology/oncology. On this episode of POTC, Dr. Chang provides us all with evidence-based strategies for achieving greater balance, preventing burnout, and living healthier lives. Join us in this episode for practical advice on developing and maintaining boundaries, preventing and minimizing the effects of burnout, and more today!
Listen and Learn:
- Debbie and Yael’s personal and professional experiences with burnout
- Tammie’s personal burnout story and how she began her journey working with burnout
- The specific ways burnout affects women across careers and cultures
- How cultural expectations impact burnout
- The ways burnout affects those who belong to marginalized groups
- Statistics on burnout in the healthcare field
- Dr. Chang’s expert opinion on the cultural shifts that must take place to shift to decrease burnout
- Practical advice on preventing and minimizing the effects of burnout personally and for others
- All about Dr. Chang’s value-driven project, Pink Coat MD, and what she has to offer there
- The importance of connection and community in preventing burnout
- Why boundaries are important in maintaining your well-being
- Common challenges in developing and maintaining boundaries
- Evidence-based strategies on how to set and keep boundaries
- Read Tammie’s books, Boundaries for Women Physicians: Love Your Life and Career in Medicine and How to Thrive as a Woman Physician
- Watch her TEDx Talk here
- Sign up to be notified when Tammie’s podcast, LeadHer, launches!
- Sign up for Summer Boundaries Group Coaching Program, LeadHer MASTERMIND Program, or Private Coaching
- Check out Debbie, Yael, and Jill’s websites to access their offerings, sign up for their newsletters, buy their books, and more!
About Tammie Chang:
Tammie Chang, M.D., is a board-certified physician in pediatric hematology/oncology and co-founder of Pink Coat MD, an uplifting community to empower women physicians. Using her expertise in coaching, leadership and consulting work, background in wellness and work as a physician, Chang guides women physicians to become the best version of themselves and protect their well-being by helping them achieve greater balance, prevent burnout and live healthier lives. Read her books, Boundaries for Women Physicians: Love Your Life and Career in Medicine and How to Thrive as a Woman Physician.
- Episode 207. Burnout with Debbie and Jill
- Episode 146. Parental Burnout with Lisa Coyne
- Episode 153. Healthcare Professional Wellbeing with Abbie Beacham, Kerry Makin-Byrd, and Bernard Chang (Part 1)
- Episode 154. Healthcare Professional Wellbeing with Abbie Beacham, Kerry Makin-Byrd, and Bernard Chang (Part 2)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
E-Book PDF (transcript): Open in New Window | Download
Join the discussion