This week we say goodbye to POTC’s co-founder, Diana Hill. Debbie Sorensen, Diana Hill and Rae Littlewood started POTC 5 years ago as a creative endeavor to share ideas from psychology. The original motto was, “Ever wonder what therapists chat about over coffee?” In this episode, Diana Hill and Debbie Sorensen bring it back full circle to chatting over coffee about their time together as friends, co-authors and co-hosts. Listen in to learn how they continue to apply ACT strategies to their lives and where Diana Hill is headed on her new podcast Your Life in Process.
Listen and Learn:
- Why Diana Hill, Debbie Sorensen and Rae Littlewood started POTC 5 years ago.
- How Diana is using her regrets to guide her in taking the leap to start a new podcast
- The values that helped kickstart Diana’s podcasting journey and the rewards that encourage her to continue
- The episodes that were most challenging for Diana and how they helped her grow
- What Diana Hill is looking forward to in her next chapter and what she’s sad to leave behind
- Diana’s personal challenges in letting go of ego and attachment
- The inside-scoop on Diana Hill’s new podcast, Your Life in Process
- What good-bye means to Diana Hill
- Diana Hill and Debbie Sorensen share in a closing ritual that Diana uses with clients
- Subscribe to Diana Hill’s new podcast Your Life in Process
- Stay connected with Diana Hill and sign up for her newsletter
- Learn more about Diana Hill’s upcoming ACT events with Praxis, PESI and InsightLA
- Listen to Diana Hill talk about acceptance and letting go on her new podcast!
- Meditate for free with Diana Hill on Insight Timer!
- Check out Daniel Pink’s book, The Power of Regret
- Learn more about The Fable of the Elephant House
- Grab your copy of ACT Daily Journal at bookshop.org/shop/offtheclockpsych
- Check out Debbie, Diana, Yael, and Jill’s websites to access their offerings, sign up for their newsletters, buy their books, and more!
Diana Hill, Ph.D. is a modern psychologist, mom, and co-author of ACT Daily Journal: Get unstuck and live fully with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. She is the host of the podcast Your Life in Process, blogs for Psychology Today, is on the clinical advisory board of Lightfully Behavioral Health, and is a guest teacher at InsightLA, Mindful Heart Programs, PESI and Praxis CE. Through her online teachings, executive coaching, and private therapy practice, Diana encourages clients to let go of unhealthy striving and build psychological flexibility so that they can live more meaningful and fulfilling lives. Diana practices what she preaches in her daily life as a mom of two, homesteader, and yoga teacher. Go to drdianahill.com or her channels on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, (@drdianahill) to get tools to build psychological flexibility into your daily life.
- Episode 122. Taking in the Good with Rick Hanson
- Episode 102. A Liberated Mind with Steven Hayes
- Episode 195. ACT Daily with Diana Hill and Debbie Sorensen
- Episode 34. Strengths, Goal Setting, and Grit with Alexis Karris Bachik
- Episode 220. Our Stories of Infertility and Pregnancy Loss with Diana Hill, Alexis Bachik, and Anne Cushman
- Episode 29. Nutritional Psychology (Part 1) – How food impacts mood, cognition and brain health with Diana and Debbie
- Episode 118. Moral Injury and Shame with Lauren Borges and Jacob Farnsworth
- Episode 15. Embodiment (Part 1)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
E-Book PDF (transcript): Open in New Window | Download
Join the discussion