Do You Compulsively Check Your Phone? Does Social Media Make You Stressed And Living In Fomo? Do You Worry About Technology Impacting The Next Generation’s Ability To Relate To One Another? Stay Tuned (On Your Phone Of Course) For This Important Episode On Technology!
In 2007, Apple introduced the iPhone and our lives changed dramatically. Technology and phone use have rapidly taken over our daily tasks and social lives. In this episode, co-hosts Diana Hill and Debbie Sorensen will explore psychological research on why technology is so addictive and how overuse can negatively impact our sleep, attention, relationships, and physical health. We will give personal accounts and strategies for a more balanced and sustainable approach to tech.
- 7 Ways to Overhaul Your Phone Use from the American Psychological Association
- Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked by Adam Alter
- The Happiness Effect: How Social Media is Driving a Generation to Appear Perfect at Any Cost by Donna Freitas
- Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other by Sherry Turkle
- Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in a Digital Age by Sherry Turkle
- The Invisible Gorilla: How Our Intuitions Deceive Us, Chris Chabris and Dan Simons
- Disconnected: Psychologists’ research shows how smartphone are affecting our health and wellbeing and points the way toward taking back control by Kristen Wier