What Is Sports Psychology And How Does A Sports Psychologist Work With Athletes? What Unique Problems Arise In Athletes, And How Does A Sports Psychologist Address Them? In This Episode You Will Learn All About Sports Psychology From Performance Expert Dr. Elizabeth Boyer.
Sports psychology, broadly known as performance psychology, addresses issues around optimal performance, developmental and social aspects of sports participation, and systemic dynamics in teams. In this episode Dr. Elizabeth Boyer of Northwest Performance Psychology will define sports psychology, answer questions about confidentiality and team dynamics, discuss the impact of injury on athlete’s mental health, and explore the development and treatment of eating disorders in athletes.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The unique role a sports psychologist plays on teams
- How sports psychologists address injury and eating disorders in athletes
- Current trends in sports and performance psychology
Resources to explore:
- Northwest Performance Psychology
- Association of Applied Sports Psychology
- National Eating Disorders Association: Athletes and Eating Disorders
- Mental Skills of Successful Athletes