Do You Feel Frantic And Frenzied During The Holiday Season? Does Your Inner Martha Stewart Tend To Show Up This Time Of Year? Do You Dread Family Holiday Gatherings Or Your January Credit Card Bill?
‘Tis the season to discuss something that has become pervasive in our society this time of year: Holiday Stress. Join us to hear Debbie interview psychologist Dr. Stephanie Smith about this topic, and learn some helpful tips for how to manage holiday stress and enjoy the season!
In this episode you will learn:
- Why this season can feel so long and so stressful for so many people.
- Tips from Dr. Stephanie Smith for letting go of holiday perfectionism, and focusing the things that matter most to you.
- Why you may not want to start talking about politics with Uncle Bob after he’s had a few beers.
- About an important life lesson Debbie learned because of stocking stuffers.
- Ways to manage stress and take care of yourself in the midst of all the holiday pressure.
- Dr. Stephanie Smith’s Blog
- Stephanie in the news
- Stephanie’s Buzzfeed article on Surviving Election Talk Over the Holidays
- On Post-Election Stress
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) SAD is a condition that occurs when the “winter blues” get more serious. There are effective treatments for SAD, so if you are experiencing this, please reach out to a mental health professional or primary care provider.
Resources if you are experiencing a high degree of emotional distress:
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255
- If you are having a mental health emergency, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room
To find a licensed Psychologist or mental health provider:
- Or, speak with your Primary Care Provider