Do You Have Behaviors You Want To Increase Or Decrease? Do You Start Off Strong, But Then Give Up On Making Changes In Your Life? Are You Looking For Concrete Strategies To Maintain Your Efforts In Healthier Living, Relationships And Work? Join Us!
In this episode of Psychologists Off The Clock, Drs. Diana Hill and Debbie Sorensen discuss how willpower is not a useful tool in behavior change, how to use values to guide your behaviors, and strategies to establish “tiny habits” that you can maintain long term.
In this Episode you will learn:
- About BJ Fogg’s “motivation wave” and how can we use it to our benefit.
- Why most of us burn out quickly on behavior changes.
- How your values can be helpful in establishing new habits.
- Why Debbie struggles with getting to bed on time, and how can she use these strategies to get to bed earlier.
- Ways to practice making small changes that really stick!
- The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It by Kelly McGonigal
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- BJ Fogg’s Tiny Habits Program
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Join the discussion