Are You Thinking Of Stepping Outside Of Your Comfort Zone And Doing Something New? Do You Have Some Creative Energy, But Feel Stuck In Inaction? Do You Have Things To Say, But Hesitate To Speak Up? Join The Club! For our first Episode of Psychologists Off The Clock podcast, we discuss the book Playing Big: Practical Wisdom for Women Who Want to Speak Up, Create, and Lead by Tara Mohr
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this episode, you‘ll learn:
- How the Psychologists Off the Clock podcast became a professional “leap” for psychologists Dr. Diana Hill, Dr. Rae Littlewood and Dr. Debbie Sorensen
- Why your inner critic may be undermining attempts to take meaningful action and strategies to address your inner critic when she is loudest
- About unexpected facts about feedback and unconventional strategies to respond to negative feedback
- How you may be undermining yourself in your everyday language
- Why Diana is practicing cartwheels, Debbie is suffering from “imposter syndrome”, and Rae is using her personal experience to strengthen her professional connections
- About a dark side of psychology and how clinical psychologists (see Marsha Linehan, Ph.D. and Steve Hayes, Ph.D. ) used their personal struggles to create innovative and meaningful treatments
- Our personal response to Tara Mohr’s afterward about how having children impacts us professionally
- How mistakes are essential in learning
Thank you for joining us on this episode of Psychologists Off The Clock. We appreciate your feedback. Please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts. It helps us spread the word to more folks like you!
Subscribe for free wherever you listen to podcasts!
Join the discussion